Our latest ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate) report was a success and we are compliant in all areas. Over the last 12 months with ISI we were rated Excellent for the quality of pupils’ academic and other achievements and rated Good for the quality of pupils’ personal development.
With our new Head Master and leadership team in place from September 2022 we were equally happy to note that in the report the senior leadership team and Governors ‘demonstrate good skills and knowledge appropriate to their role and fulfil their responsibilities effectively’.
Some highlights from the 2022 ISI report:
- Pupils are highly successful collaborative and independent learners both inside and outside the classroom.
- Pupils are articulate communicators who listen well and express themselves clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Pupils throughout the school have excellent mathematical skills; they calculate with confidence and apply their knowledge effectively when solving problems.
- Pupils' higher order thinking skills are well-developed and are utilised effectively to enhance and extend their learning.
- Pupils excel in a wide variety of sporting, creative and academic extra-curricular activities.
- Pupils make rapid progress in developing their self-confidence, resilience, and the ability to make their own decisions.
- Pupils have a strong sense of community and are supportive of each other.
- Pupils have an excellent understanding of how to be physically and mentally healthy and put this understanding into practice through their wholehearted involvement in the life of the school.
The latest report and past reports can be viewed here in full:
- ISI Progress Monitoring Report February 2023 / PDF
- ISI Inspection May 2022 / PDF
- ISI Compliance Inspection 2018 / PDF
- ISI Inspection 2014 / PDF
- Ofsted Report 2010 / PDF
- Link to the ISI website
Ryde School's previous two ISI inspections were a compliance inspection in 2018 in which we met all criteria and a full inspection in 2014 in which the whole school was inspected and judged on a sliding scale of 'excellent', 'good' etc. and we were delighted to have been graded excellent in many areas including the quality of pupils' achievements and learning, pastoral care arrangements, welfare and health, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils and the contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision.
Our inspection prior to that was an Ofsted inspection for boarding provision. Ofsted score in a slightly different way and their sliding scale starts with 'Outstanding'. We were pleased to have been judged outstanding in our boarding provision.
The Independent Schools Inspectorate
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is a body approved by the Secretary of State for Education and Skills for the purpose of inspecting independent schools in the Independent Schools Council under Section 162 of the Education Act 2002. The purposes of inspection are to ensure that standards are maintained and that schools comply with the relevant legal requirements. Recommendations are included to help schools improve.